Helensburgh is unsafe and unsuitable as a rail interchange station as it
1. Only has two platforms, Sutherland and Thirroul are the nearest larger stations
2. Is remote from housing
3. Has almost no phone reception
4. Is 4.8 km from the highway and 2.5 kms from the centre of Helensburgh
5. Is thus unsafe. Women refuse to alight and wait at night.
6. Is a six car station. Two cars miss the platform
7. Waterfall, the nearest station is also an interchange station. It is not absurd to have two adjacent stations as interchanges? Also both stations have only two platforms, Thirroul has three platforms, thus passengers can alight directly onto a waiting feeder train.
In an emergency there is no phone reception and the nearest house is over 100 metres away